Established presents these upcoming startup competitions and events:
- Black Founders Pitch Event with Startup of the Year (Application deadline: 8/6): This virtual pitch event for Black-led startups will be held 9/3. The winner will receive an automatic spot as a Top 100 Semifinalist at the 8th Annual Startup of the Year Summit in November. Click for more information
- Startup of the Year Summit & Pitch Competition, and .US Veteran Startup of the Year (Application Deadline: 9/15): This global competition culminates with the 8th Annual Summit on November 9-10 (virtual). Select startups are able to network with investors and find corporate contacts. One semifinalist could earn a $20K investment, plus a $10K cash prize is available for a U.S. Veteran-led startup. Click for more information
- AFWERX $50K Funding Cycle Opens 9/23 (Application Cycle: 9/23 – 10/22): Eligible startups can land contracts worth up to $50K to do feasibility studies with the U.S. Air Force for a broad range of technologies. Learn about this non-dilutive funding opportunity early. Application checklist and info sessions available. Click for more information
Why should a startup apply?
- Startup of the Year: Semifinalists will gain exposure and grow their business through curated connections with investors and corporate leads. One of the Top 100 Semifinalists could take home up to $20K in investments from Established Ventures.
- AFWERX SBIR Open Topic: Over 1,000 startups and small businesses are awarded contracts worth up to $50K to do feasibility studies with the U.S. Air Force through AFWERX. This program puts commercially viable solutions on the pathway to landing the Air Force as a customer. Decisions within 60 days.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Startup of the Year: Fewer than 6 years old with no more than $5MM funding and have a live and viable product.
- AFWERX SBIR Program: Fewer than 500 employees and at least 51% U.S.-owned.